LORD, I am not high-minded : I have no proud looks.
2. I do not exercise myself in great matters : which are too high for me.
3. But I refrain my soul, and keep it low, like as a child that is weaned from his mother : yea, my soul is even as a weaned child.
4. O Israel, trust in the Lord : from this time forth for evermore.
LORD, remember David : and all his trouble;
2. How he sware unto the Lord : and vowed a vow unto the Almighty God of Jacob;
3. I will not come within the tabernacle of mine house : nor climb up into my bed;
4. I will not suffer mine eyes to sleep, nor mine eye-lids to slumber : neither the temples of my head to take any rest;
5. Until I find out a place for the temple of the Lord : an habitation for the mighty God of Jacob.
6. Lo, we heard of the same at Ephrata : and found it in the wood.
7. We will go into his tabernacle : and fall low on our knees before his footstool.
8. Arise, O Lord, into thy resting-place : thou, and the ark of thy strength.
9. Let thy priests be clothed with righteousness : and let thy saints sing with joyfulness.
10. For thy servant David’s sake : turn not away the presence of thine Anointed.
11. The Lord hath made a faithful oath unto David : and he shall not shrink from it;
12. Of the fruit of thy body : shall I set upon thy seat.
13. If thy children will keep my covenant, and my testimonies that I shall learn them : their children also shall sit upon thy seat for evermore.
14. For the Lord hath chosen Sion to be an habitation for himself : he hath longed for her.
15. This shall be my rest for ever : here will I dwell, for I have a delight therein.
16. I will bless her victuals with increase : and will satisfy her poor with bread.
17. I will deck her priests with health : and her saints shall rejoice and sing.
18. There shall I make the horn of David to flourish : I have ordained a lantern for mine Anointed.
19. As for his enemies, I shall clothe them with shame : but upon himself shall his crown flourish.