THEY that put their trust in the Lord shall be even as the mount Sion : which may not be removed, but standeth fast for ever.
2. The hills stand about Jerusalem : even so standeth the Lord round about his people, from this time forth for evermore.
3. For the rod of the ungodly cometh not into the lot of the righteous : lest the righteous put their hand unto wickedness.
4. Do well, O Lord : unto those that are good and true of heart.
5. As for such as turn back unto their own wickedness : the Lord shall lead them forth with the evil-doers; but peace shall be upon Israel.
WHEN the Lord turned again the captivity of Sion : then were we like unto them that dream.
2. Then was our mouth filled with laughter : and our tongue with joy.
3. Then said they among the heathen : The Lord hath done great things for them.
4. Yea, the Lord hath done great things for us already : whereof we rejoice.
5. Turn our captivity, O Lord : as the rivers in the south.
6. They that sow in tears : shall reap in joy.
7. He that now goeth on his way weeping, and beareth forth good seed : shall doubtless come again with joy, and bring his sheaves with him.