UNTO thee lift I up mine eyes : O thou that dwellest in the heavens.
2. Behold, even as the eyes of servants look unto the hand of their masters, and as the eyes of a maiden unto the hand of her mistress : even so our eyes wait upon the Lord our God, until he have mercy upon us.
3. Have mercy upon us, O Lord, have mercy upon us : for we are utterly despised.
4. Our soul is filled with the scornful reproof of the wealthy : and with the despitefulness of the proud.
IF THE Lord himself had not been on our side, now may Israel say : if the Lord himself had not been on our side, when men rose up against us;
2. They had swallowed us up quick : when thy were so wrathfully displeased at us.
3. Yea, the waters had drowned us : and the stream had gone over our soul.
4. The deep waters of the proud : had gone even over our soul.
5. But praised be the Lord : who hath not given us over for a prey unto their teeth.
6. Our soul is escaped even as a bird out of the snare of the fowler : the snare is broken, and we are delivered .
7. Our help standeth in the Name of the Lord : who hath made heaven and earth.